The Pastoral Care Ministry assists with the pastoral care needs of the parish. It is led and organized by the Pastoral Care Team.
- Transportation provides rides to church services, hospital, or doctor visits.
- Crisis food takes food to parishioners who have had or will have surgery, new babies, a death in the family, or some similar event.
- Prayer shawls and baby blankets are knitted by parishioners and are given to members in the hospital, who are undergoing surgery, or who are experiencing a crisis. Shawls are also given to friends of the parish. The knitting ministry has recently expanded its program to include making and giving baby blankets to new babies born into the parish or for any baby that might need the comfort of a blanket.
- Companions make home visits to those who cannot come to church or who need a strong connection to the parish besides attending services.
- The Intercessory Prayer Ministry commits to pray daily for people who have asked for particular prayers. The group meets monthly for mutual support and prayer.
- Eucharistic Visitors take Holy Communion to parishioners who cannot attend services. Visits to members in the hospital, nursing homes, or to those confined to home are conducted by trained volunteers.
If you are interested in helping or receiving any of the above ministries, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802)254-6048