St. Michael’s Discipleship Ministry is an experimental movement made up of individuals called to explore, create and reclaim the practice of following Jesus in community in this particular time and place.
For the present form of this world is passing away…. 1 Corinthians 7:31
What We’re About
- Building a community and culture of spiritual discipline and devotion that helps us to grow in closer union with Christ.
- Devoting ourselves to following Jesus’ example and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Encouraging one another in our calls to discipleship, offering deep listening and hope.
- Worshipping, adapted to context, will happen in unlikely places.
- Understanding ourselves as a sent community, gathering for practice and sustenance, sent into the world to witness to God’s love in Jesus, “believing with all our might that this street, this world, where God has placed us, is our place of holiness” (Madeleine Delbrel).
- Anglican: ever ancient, ever new
- Rooted: God shows up in the midst of our lives in our particular places and circumstances
- Contemplative/Prayerful: based in prayer
- Experiential: based in practice, reflection and learning
- Experimental: risking new forms, innovative
- Spirit-led: following God’s ongoing revelation and agency
- Being the Church: not a solution to a problem, but a sign of God’s reign/presence/kingdom
- Connected: Playful, joyful, embodied, open-hearted across difference
Together we pray, laugh, plan, listen, reflect, share, attend retreats and workshops, study scripture, design, lead,
and attend special worship gatherings, and break bread.
How to Get Involved
A group open to anyone and everyone meets regularly on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month on the lower floor of St. Michael’s from 5:30-7:00 pm. Childcare is available. We share a potluck meal, followed by the small group time, which includes Lectio Divina, sharing from the heart, deep listening and prayer. Contact Duncan (Duncan@stmichaelsvermont.org) for more information.